As we already know, since last February 15, 2023, season 2 of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2 have been underway. This update brought many new features to the game and nerfed some weapons.
However, as the days went by, many members of the Warzone 2 community claimed that the nerfs applied to the RPK and the Fennec 45 were practically unnoticeable. For this reason, the developers implemented a new update a few hours ago, announcing the total nerfing of this pair of weapons that, undoubtedly, were the game’s goal.
Infinity Ward announces nerf to RPK and Fennec 45
On February 24, Infinity Ward announced a new update, where they said that some bugs were fixed and some adjustments were made to weapons and equipment. In addition, the update fixed many problems players had experienced after releasing the main Season 2 patch.
🚩 We've just released an update with Weapon and Attachment adjustments and Bug Fixes.
Read the full Season 02 Patch Notes here: https://t.co/W89IlMvIcP
— Infinity Ward (@InfinityWard) February 24, 2023
There is no doubt that, even though the developers emphasize that the important updates are bug fixes, the nerfs to the game’s weapons goals are what the community is most interested in.
As we mentioned, the main ones affected were the popular Fennec 45 and RPK, which have received important modifications. On the other hand, the excitement we all had when using sniper rifles with incendiary bullets to eliminate rivals with a single shot is over. Both snipers and incendiary bullets were also nerfed.
Official Patch Notes regarding weapons in the February 24 update
- Increased initial bullet vertical recoil
- Increased horizontal recoil
- Reduced damage ranges
- Reduced damage ranges
- Fixed an issue causing .300 Blackout Ammunition to register as hitscan.
- Reduced far damage
- Reduced damage against Armor
- Requires two additional bullets to break 3 Armor Plates
- Increased sprint speed
- Increased damage range
- Reduced ADS speed
- Reduced hip spread min
- Increased hip spread while moving
- Increase sprint speed
- Increased movement speed
- Reduced near damage, muzzle velocity, far damage range, and movement speed.
- Residual Incendiary damage will no longer eliminate Players
- Fixed an issue that prevented residual Incendiary damage from being applied to Armor.
- Fixed an issue that allowed Sniper Rifles to down Players with 3 Armor Plates in a single shot while using Incendiary Ammunition.
Initial vertical and horizontal recoil of RPK bullets increased while damage ranges decreased. This has been Al Mazrah’s most effective weapon since November. SMG players in Resurgence and Battle Royale, on the other hand, have preferred the Fennec 45. The Fennec 45’s armor damage and ranged damage have consequently dropped. According to Infinity Ward, breaking three armor plates now requires two more shots from the SMG.
The TAQ-V is another weapon that has been affected by the current patch. As a result, the close-range damage, exit speed, long-range damage range, and movement speed of the automatic battle rifle have been reduced.